Need to cancel or refund your contribution? Contact Ashia.
I provide refunds within a 4-6 week window*, as long as you’ve engaged with the material.
(*Refund window depends on the membership & service)
Since I provide education, connect for discussion, and engaged accountability, I can’t take back the thousands of hours spent on producing the content you’ve accessed and the knowledge transferred – but if the material and engagement doesn’t work for you after you’ve actually tried doing the work, I’ll give you your money back.
Since the digital material I provide can’t be taken back and is intended to be used at your own pace, I can’t provide refunds if you simply haven’t engaged with it.
Our refund and returns policy lasts 15-42 days. If your refund window has passed since your purchase, I can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a refund, your account must be in good standing, and you may not have violated our Terms & Conditions.
After a refund, you must still comply with our Terms & Conditions – such as no bullying, harassing, or stalking members, no sharing copyrighted data or locked content.
Several types of goods and services are exempt from being returned. Non-returnable items include:
- Gift memberships
- Enrollment fees and subscriptions for memberships after your membership has expired.
- Downloadable software products
- Digital downloads
- Streaming content (videos, audio, transcripts)
- Physical merchandise (contact the third-party site you ordered it from instead)
To complete your return, I require you submit:
- A receipt or proof of purchase
- Your completed program material, including worksheets, reflection activities, discussion prompts, and any applicable material to show you engaged with the work
For merchandise purchased from our Bonfire store, please contact Bonfire directly for a return or exchange.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted:
- Bundled memberships in coordination with another organization
- Donation-based memberships where a portion of your subscription is designated for a charity organization.
- Any service or membership that has expired or been fully completed
- Patreon subscriptions that require expedited refunds (if you can’t wait until next month for my balance to go above zero, I still have to pay Patreon & processing fees)
- Shipping, credit card, Paypal, and other processing fees that I incur processing your payment and cannot get back.
Chargebacks & Scams
Sometimes scammers like to go through the checkout process here, wait a couple weeks, and then submit a charge-back claim with their credit card issuer to screw me over. I have no idea why – or how this scam even works for them?
This is super annoying, as my payment processor charges me a huge amount, and it eats up my limited time.
So scammers & cowards who choose punishing chargebacks instead of requesting a refund – please be aware that if you submit a fraudulent charge-back claim, this violates our terms of agreement, and you are no longer protected by my accountability policy. I will go scorched earth with you motherfuckers.
I cannot offer you a refund on a transaction under dispute and will hold onto your fraudulent ‘payment’ until inflation renders it worthless. I’ll make sure you eat the huge fee that comes with a chargeback and ensure you’re blacklisted on popular payment processors. In addition to the obvious stuff like blocking you from ever participating in RL events or communities, publishing your contact information for public shaming, and generally sending the worst vibes possible in your general direction into perpetuity. Cause you could have just REQUESTED A REFUND, but chose violence instead.
Case Scenarios: What to expect
- If you subscribe to a monthly membership on Patreon or the Luminary Brain Trust, and cancel mid-month, your subscription access will last until the next billing date. I do not offer partial refunds for the unused portion of your subscription.
- If you subscribe to an annual membership on Patreon or the Luminary Brain Trust and cancel mid-year, your subscription access will last until the next billing date. I do not offer partial refunds for the unused portion of your subscription.
- If you subscribe to a monthly membership with annual payments in January and cancel mid-year (for example, April 14th), I can offer a refund for the full, unused months of May through December so long as you provide your completed work (completed responses to discussion prompts, proof you showed up to live events and engaged in discussion threads.)
- If you join a 6-week seasonal collective and cancel before the 6th week, I provide a full refund of your enrollment fee if you showed up to engage at the live hangouts, in the chat groups, and provide your completed reflection activities up to the time of cancellation.
- If you subscribe to a 6-week seasonal collective and cancel more than 24 hours after the season is complete, I do not provide refunds.
- If you subscribe to a 6-week seasonal collective and are a no-show for over half the live hangouts and/or do not provide completed work, I do not offer refunds.
- If you have fully completed or downloaded a single digital product or service – such as a webinar, training, downloadable video, audio, or PDF, I can offer refunds within 30 days so long as you show your completed work.
- If you want a refund for a membership that has completed, such as a refund for your January membership in February, I do not offer refunds.
Refunds: What to expect
Once you have requested a refund, I will send you an email within 14 days to notify you that I have started the refund process. I will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Please note that Patreon subscription fee refunds may take up to 60 days. This is entirely a ridiculous Patreon problem – I have no control over the annoying way they do refunds.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at the email I contacted you with.
Sliding Scale & Discounts
I can’t provide refunds for the full cost of a program or service if you didn’t pay the full amount at registration. Can’t pour from an empty cup.
Because these are services and digital goods, I can’t offer exchanges.
If you received a gift membership, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return.
If the membership wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had enrolled themselves as the user, this is a violation of our terms and conditions, and a refund is no longer available. (That’s not a gift, that’s just stealing my content and sharing it with others).
I do not accept anything that would need to be shipped. For merchandise ordered through a third-party, such as Bonfire, Bookshop, or Little Feminist Book Club, please contact them directly for a return or exchange.
Leave a comment below for questions related to refunds and returns.
Need to cancel or refund your contribution? Contact Ashia.